Year 11 BTEC Examinations
Monday, 7 February and Thursday, 10 February 2022
Students will be attending their normal timetabled lessons during this period unless they are in examinations. If examinations are in the morning, your child needs to ensure they arrive at school no later than 8:45am for the exam and go straight to the exam venue. If they have an afternoon examination, this will commence at 1:00pm and your child will have lunch at 12:20pm and then need to make their way to the exam venue by 12:45pm. They will be dismissed from the examination room to go straight home after an afternoon exam.
Please ensure your child attends this examination as this is an important for them to progress onto the next stage of their learning.
Students can view their individual timetables online via Edulink. It is important for students to understand that it is their responsibility to know when they have examinations and where they need to be in order to sit those examinations. Students also need to ensure that they have read all the JCQ Information for Candidates documents which are accessible on the Student Portal, under the examination information tab, prior to completing any examinations.
Students must adhere to the following basic expectations during the examinations, both now and in the Summer:
• They must be on time to all examination sessions
• They must enter the examination room with empty pockets
• They are not allowed to wear any kind of watch on their wrist in the examination room
• Students must have a black pen
• Students are only allowed water to drink in the examination room and this must be in clear bottle, the bottle must have the label removed
• Students will be expected to leave all coats and bags in the changing rooms
• Students will not be allowed to leave the room during the examination at any point unless it is for a valid medical reason
• Students must remain in the examination room for the full time of their examination
If you have any questions regarding this examination period, then please do not hesitate to contact me at the Academy.
Mrs J Kaur Mr D Irish
Senior Teacher Principal