We are an inclusive Sixth Form and offer Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 programmes, dependent on students’ prior academic attainment and interests.
Level 3 Programme
- Entry requirement: 5 x grade 5 or above at GCSE, including Maths and English
- Duration: two years
- Progression route: Higher education, apprenticeships, employment, gap year, voluntary work
Students have a free choice of three subjects, which are studied for two years. Occasionally we accommodate a fourth subject, depending on prior academic attainment.
We have over 28 subjects available, both at A Level and BTEC. Our course handbook offers information into the course content, as well as the method of assessment. Each subject has an entry requirement.
Level 2 Programme
- Entry requirement: 5 x grade 5 or above, not including Maths and English (limited spaces)
- Duration: one year
- Progression route: Further education college, Shireland Sixth Form, local sixth form provider
Currently, the programme includes a compulsory Business Admin qualification along with a Digital Media course. Students also study English or Maths GCSE resit. Places are offered to students on GCSE Results Day, once grades are known.
Level 1 Programme
- Entry requirement: 5 grades at GCSE, not including Maths and English (limited spaces).
A small group of our Year 11 students progress on to a one-year Level 1 Programme, which includes completing a vocational course, as well as GCSE Maths and English resit.
Academic enrichment opportunities
Students are encouraged to access additional academic courses such as:
- Further Maths A Level
- Community languages AS/A Levels
- Extended Project Qualification
- LNAT, BMAT, UCAT and other specialised entry assessments required by specific Russell Group universities.