Our Academy is committed to maintaining high standards regarding students wearing Academy uniform correctly and with pride. Families, students and staff will work together to enforce and support the following expectations.
Blazer with Academy logo (compulsory)
Blazers should be worn at all times.
White blouse or shirt and plain black jumper with or without sleeves
Plain black trousers or plain black skirt, knee or ankle length
Tie in house colours with logo (compulsory)
Red – Brindley
Blue – Chance
Gold/Yellow – Kenrick
Purple – Telford
Green – Florence
We are maintaining a simple yet strict, uniform policy. Research shows that school uniform plays a critical role in contributing to the ethos of a school. If students are dressed for success and look smart, it can instill a sense of pride, aspiration and can also support positive behaviour and discipline.
Uniform with Academy logo can be purchased from:
174-180 Vicarage Road,
0121 552 1684
Academy tie’s can also be purchased from the Academy from the Head of Year
- Blazer with Academy badge sewn onto pocket.
- Academy tie with logo
- White blouse or shirt.
- Plain black trousers or plain black knee length skirt (no jeggings, leggings, jeans or tight fitting skirts).
- Plain black shoes, NOT trainers.
- Students should bring a sensible and strong school bag to carry academy device, planner and stationery
- Sensible waterproof coat when needed (no hoodies)
- Black and red polo shirt with Academy logo
- Academy logo branded tracksuit bottoms or plain black tracksuit bottoms
- Black and red quarter zip sports jumper with Academy logo
- Black and red shorts with Academy logo (optional)
- Black and red skort with Academy logo (optional)
- Salwar Kameez and headscarves may be worn and should be plain black – students are still required to wear the Academy blazer and white shirt and tie.
Strictly prohibited items:
- Caps are not allowed to be worn at any time
- No hoodies or sports jackets
- Brightly coloured nail varnish
- No extreme haircuts or styles, such as unnatural bright colours or patterns in hair
- Decorative hair clips, bandanas and hair scarfs (hairbands, bobbles or slides must be discrete and black, grey or white only)
- No extreme forms of makeup (makeup if worn, must be discrete and natural looking).
- No false eyelashes (students will be asked to remove them on site)
- No more than one pair of small studded earrings and/or nose stud to be worn
Hair cuts and styles:
- Extreme hair cuts are not permitted.
- This includes bright, multicoloured hair and shaved tramlines.
- If students wish to dye their hair, it must be of a natural colour.
Nails, Make Up and False Eyelashes:
- Nail varnish on both real and acrylic nails must be of a neutral tone. Bright colours and long nails are not acceptable.
- If make up is to be worn, it must be natural and discrete.
- False eyelashes are not permitted and will result in staff asking students to remove them.
- Hats and caps are not allowed to be worn at any time.
- No hoodies or sports jacket
For Health and Safety reasons, students must observe these rules:
- One pair of stud earrings may be worn but should not be excessively large.
- If the Academy considers that a student’s earrings present a Health and Safety risk, the student will be required to remove them.
- One nose stud may be worn. Multiple studs are not allowed. No other facial piercings.
- Earrings and nose studs must be removed for PE lessons.
- Long hair must be tied back for PE and practical Science lessons (please provide students with a hair fastening).
- Nails must be kept short to avoid injury to self and others.
It is expected that students will bring their own set of equipment that they need to use in lessons each day.
- Pencil case containing:
- Black or blue pen
- Green pen
- Pencil crayons or felt pens
- Highlighter pens
- Glue stick
- Safety scissors
- Geometry set
- Post-it notes
- A4 folder containing dividers
Students will be provided with a Student Planner (diary/notebook) for recording homework.
- Students will be able to purchase a Student Lanyard by using their epraise reward points.
- No other design of lanyard is acceptable.
- Dinner cards support our Academy cashless system.
- All students have received a dinner charge card. A replacement card, if lost, will cost £2.
- Students who present their dinner card will join the priority queue and will be the first to enter the dining hall during their allocated sitting.
- Trips and visits are extremely rewarding for both students and staff.
- For the safety of students, the specified uniform stated on the letter must be worn correctly.
Continuous failure to adhere to the uniform policy will result in the following:
Form Tutors will:
- Contact family
- Set student detentions
- Record the event on student profiles
- Remove from Academy trip/external visit
Head of Year will:
- Meet with family
- Set student detentions
- Record the sanction on student profiles
- Make referrals to Behaviour Management Services
Behaviour Management Services will:
- Remove students from lessons and isolate until the matter is resolved