On return from the Summer holidays, all secondary school students should receive two onsite lateral flow tests, 3-5 days apart.
If you have previously given consent for your child to take part in onsite lateral flow testing, we will assume that you continue to give your permission unless you contact the Academy. For those that have not given consent but wish to do so, please click the LINK to give your consent.
Students will be tested twice in the first two weeks upon their return to the Academy in September, with tests 3-5 days apart. Following this, students will be required to test themselves at home twice weekly until the end of September when this will be reviewed.
We are staggering students’ return to the academy – one year group and tutor group at a time. The process for your child’s return is as follows:
- Your child must enter the academy via the main student gate on Wilson Road.
- Each tutor group has been allocated an arrival time. Please refer to the table below for this information.
- Please be on time – not early or late. Your child should not attend with siblings or friends.
- Any student arriving at the wrong time will be directed to return home.
- Your child is to be in full academy uniform.
- On completion of their first test, your child will be return to lessons to continue their day in the academy as normal.
- On their next school day, students will follow our normal academy start and finish times. Subsequent tests will take place within school hours over the next two weeks.
See details about entrance and exit points for each year group below
Year 7 – Return on Monday 6th September
Year 8 – Return on Wednesday 8th September
Year 9 – Return on Thursday 9th September
Year 10 – Return on Wednesday 8th September
Year 11 – Return on Tuesday 7th September
Year 12 – Return on Tuesday 7th September. The Sixth Form team have assigned students to groups
Year 13 – Return on Tuesday 7th September