Inclusion Department Changes
I would like to take this opportunity to let you know about some structural changes that are taking place within the Inclusion Department at Shireland Collegiate Academy. From January 2022, I will no longer be the Academy SENCo as I will be starting a new position as Director of SEND for the Shireland Collegiate Academy Trust. This role will oversee and develop SEND provision within the Trust Primary and Secondary schools.
Mr Irish and I are extremely happy to announce the successful appointment of Mrs McKnight to take over the role of SENCo. Mrs McKnight has worked closely within the Inclusion Department over the last two years and has in-depth understanding of the developments that have been made over recent years.
There will be a period of supported transition for Mrs McKnight, however your child’s key worker(s) will remain unchanged, and you are encouraged to maintain contact with key workers as a first port of call. Please see below for a reminder of the Inclusion department staff responsibilities:
- Mr Thornton SEMH Intervention Manager
- Mrs Vickers SLCN Intervention Manager (including ASD)
- Mrs Gill SEND Support Staff – Y7-Y8 Cognition and Learning plus Sensory/Physical Needs
- Miss Hami SEND Support Staff – Y9-Y10 Cognition and Learning plus Sensory/Physical Needs
- Miss Benovska SEND Support Staff – Y11-Y13 Cognition and Learning plus Sensory/Physical Needs
- Mr Appleby SEND Support Staff – EHCP Officer
I have included an updated calendar of SEND events for the remainder of the academic year. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Academy.
Mrs S Philpotts Mr D Irish
Director of SEND Principal